Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Holistic Wellness & Blog Manifesto

Hello!

Thanks for visiting my first blog post! I've decided to create a blog designed to share all of the wonderful things I'll be learning along my journey to becoming a certified health coach, and ultimately my transition into a profession that thus far has no title because I'm sort of inventing it, but I am going to call a Holistic Wellness Counselor for now. If you'd like know more about this endeavor and to support me on this journey, please consider funding or sharing my IndieGoGo campaign and follow my blog here.

I think that for now this blog will be much about sharing a lot of the information I'm learning and connecting you to other resources because I have been seriously geeking out on diet and nutrition stuff, and I have a lot of really interesting things to share. I've recently converted from a vegetarian-plus-fish diet to a Paleo diet and have just finished about 30 days of Paleo. I feel great and I think this is going to be close to how I will eat long-term, but this is NOT going to be a Paleo blog. My belief is that diet is not a one-size-fits-all thing and that there are many different perspectives on diet that all have really valid arguments and important things to learn. There are some things about a vegetarian/vegan diet that I can get behind, and some things about Paleo that I can agree with, too.

Although right now I'm really delving into diet and nutrition, I'm also a workout junkie, and if you read my IndieGoGo campaign bio, you'll see that becoming a personal trainer is "Phase 3" of my plan to becoming a Holistic Wellness Counselor (btw, if anyone has suggestions for a better title of a therapist, nutrition coach, and personal trainer hybrid, I'm all ears!) so eventually I will incorporate a lot of fitness stuff into the blog as well.

Lastly, I am a Marriage and Family Therapist (so close to my LPC license- just a few months away!) and I plan on doing a lot of work on the mind-body-brain connection, or incorporating mental health with physical wellness. So that's sort of my blog manifesto. If that sounds at all interesting to you, please join me on this journey and follow my blog!

Thank you for reading!!
Lorraine

No comments:

Post a Comment